Diego Duran is a Hughes Hubbard partner and criminal defense See more +
Diego Duran is a Hughes Hubbard partner and criminal defense attorney licensed to practice in some parts of the US and Mexico, where he spent several years working for one of its top boutique law firms. Salim Saud is an attorney and partner based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, at Saud Advogados, in association with Hughes Hubbard. He specializes in anti-corruption and is also the coordinator of the Anti-Corruption Compliance practice at FGV.
Key areas we discuss on this podcast are:
1. The Mexican administration’s approach to anti-corruption investigation and enforcement.
2. Corporate criminal liability is a fairly recent concept in Mexican law.
3. Mexico’s National Digital Platform is anticipated to be a centralized database designed to host and process information about federal and state officials.
4. Brazil has two systems for anti-corruption enforcement; the CGU and AGU lead one, and the NPF leads the other.
5. Assessing the impact of COVID-19 on Brazilian anti-bribery and anti-corruption investigation and enforcement efforts.
6. Highlights of Brazil’s recent regulations surrounding its anti-corruption law, the Clean Companies Act.
Tune in to All Things Investigations: Episode 8 – ABC Enforcement in Mexico and Brazil with Diego Duran and Salim Saud on Compliance Podcast Network to learn more. See less –