Quebec Premier François Legault outlined Tuesday the province’s plan for reopening in the wake of the Omicron-driven fifth wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, stating that Quebecers need to “learn to live with the virus.”
Starting Feb. 12, the province will remove its cap on private gatherings and restaurants will be allowed to seat tables of 10 people, or “three bubbles.” More restrictions will lift on Feb. 14, 21 and 28, he said, with “almost all restrictions” lifted as of March 14.
Legault said his government’s decision to begin reopening was not due to public frustration with COVID-19 restrictions and ongoing protests across the country, but said the province was in a better position in terms of hospitalizations.
He said the province had been given a green light to begin lifting restrictions by Quebec Public Health, but added that the decision to reopen was a “calculated risk.”
For more info, please go to
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE:
Like Global News on Facebook HERE:
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE:
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE:
#coronavirus #COVID19 #Quebec #GlobalNews